Sept. 30 to Oct. 2, 2021 – AAPS 78th Annual Meeting
September 30 @ 8:00 am - October 1 @ 12:00 pm
Register today for the 78th Annual Meeting of AAPS planned to be held in Pittsburgh, PA. Both in-person and online participation options are available.
Earn up to 10.0 hours of Category 1 CME credit*.
AGENDA OVERVIEW (scroll down for detailed draft agenda with speakers and Topics)
Thursday, Sept. 30: Board of Directors Meeting (8am to 6pm)
Thursday, Sept. 30: Welcome Reception/Dinner (7pm to 9pm)
Friday, Oct. 1: General Session (8am to 9pm)
Saturday, Oct. 2: General Session (8am to Noon)
Saturday, Oct. 2: Board of Directors Meeting (1pm)
Register for meeting (online or in-person): https://aaps.wufoo.com/forms/q1do30ka0rpb4rm/
Partial meeting registration options (in-person): https://aaps.wufoo.com/forms/qpzrkjr032gwum/
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Pittsburgh Downtown
One Bigelow Square, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, 15219, USA.
CLICK HERE to RESERVE YOUR HOTEL ROOM at our group rate or call 1-800-222-TREE (8733) and mention AAPS. Our Group Rate is $149 per night
Detailed Draft Agenda:
Thursday, September 30:
7pm Welcome Back! President’s Reception & Dinner
7:30pm Opening Ceremonies & Welcome from AAPS President
8:00pm AAPS General Counsel Legal Update and Other Updates from AAPS Leaders
8:45pm Introduction of Candidates for AAPS Leadership Positions (Board and Officers)
Friday, October 1:
7am Networking Breakfast
Section I: The Science of Medicine – Innovations in 2021 and Beyond
8am The Leading Edge of Cancer Research in 2021 and Beyond, – Adam Brufsky, MD, UPMC
9am Emerging Infectious Diseases, What’s Next? What Physicians Should Know – Richard Oberhelman, MD
10am – Break
Medical Ethics Keynote:
10:15am NeuroTechnology & Medical Ethics: Is the Brain the Battlefield of the Future? James Giordano, PhD
11:15am to Noon TBA
Noon- Lunch: Medical Diagnosis: Bridging Art and Science – Jane M. Orient, MD
Section 2: Bridging Patients to the Art and Science of Medicine
2pm to 3:45pm: Free Market Medicine Solutions in Academia and Clinical Practice
- 2pm to 2:15pm Joe Dougherty, MD – Free Market Medicine and Post Graduate Medical Education
- 2:15pm to 2:45pm – Lela Dougherty, MD – DPC How I did it and You Can Too
- 2:45pm to 3:00pm Kyle McCormick – Insurance Free Pharmacies and Your Patients
- 3:00pm to 3:15pm Kim Corba, MD – DPC Reform in PA and Across the U.S.
3:15pm to 3:45pm Q&A
3:45pm to 4pm Break
Section 3: Reinforcing Foundational Concepts in the Art and Science of Medicine (Part 1)
4pm to 5:15pm Inflammation: a Return to Basics and New Tools for Your Patients
- Basics of Inflammation: Ray Kordonowy, MD (invited)
- Alternative Inflammation Therapies: Mimi Hernandez, RH(AHG), Executive Director, American Herbalists Guild
Dinner Keynote: KrisAnne Hall, JD, Constitutional Educator, Speaker, Author (invited)
Saturday, October 2, 2021
7am ‘Until Next Time’ Breakfast
8am Business Meeting & Election (in-person voting only)
Section 4: Reinforcing Foundational Concepts in the Art and Science of Medicine (Part 2)
8:15am – A Primer on Informed Consent – Phil Eskew, DO, JD, MBA
8:45am – How Certificate of Need Impedes Patient Access to Care and What Can Be Done About It – Todd Rice, MD
9:15am – Break
Section 5: Fitting it all together: Healing Patients During a Pandemic: the Imperative of Not Separating the Art and Science of Medicine
9:30am to 11:45am Healing Patients and Our Nation in the Time of COVID or What Went Wrong And What Physicians Are Doing to Fix It.
- 9:30am to 10am Michael J. A. Robb, MD – COVID Treatment in the Community and Neurological & Other Pearls All Physicians Should Know
- 10am to 10:45am Lee Merritt, MD – COVID Origins, mRNA Technology, and the Dark Underbelly of the Medical Industrial Complex
- 10:45am to 11:30am – Peter McCullough, MD – Winning the War Against Therapeutic Nihilism and the Rush to Replace Trusted Treatments with Untested Novel Therapies.
- 11:30 to 11:45am – Q/A with panel
11:45am Closing Message – For Good of Order
Continuing Medical Education: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Michigan State Medical Society (MSMS) through the joint providership of MNI Great Lakes ECHO, LLC (MGLE) and (name of program sponsor). MGLE is accredited by MSMS to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
MGLE designates this live activity for a maximum of 10 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Each physician should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.