MEDICAL STUDENTS & RESIDENTS
Win $500 and an expense paid trip to AAPS 75th Annual Meeting!
To help us celebrate 75 years of advocating for the protection of the patient-physician relationship and the independent practice of medicine, the Association of American Physicians and Surgeons would like to invite you to participate in an essay contest.
Up to 15 medical students and residents will receive an expense-paid trip to AAPS’ annual meeting in Indianapolis, Indiana from October 3 to 6, 2018. You will have the opportunity to hear the Medical Director of the Benjamin Rush Institute, Beth Haynes, MD as well as many other presentations that will expose you to ideas likely absent from your curriculum.
The top essay author will also receive $500.00.
Submission due by July 4, 2018 at:
Place the future of medicine in good hands – your own.
1. Use the application form at aapsonline.org/essaycontest to submit an essay of up to 750 words and provide your contact information.
2. The application due date is July 4, 2018.
3. Scholarship recipients will be notified July 10, 2018 regarding acceptance and the overall essay contest winner will be announced at the meeting.
Essay Topic Options:
There are two options for your application essay of up to 750 words:
1. Is “healthcare” a right? If so, how would this right be implemented and enforced? If not, how would you explain your reasoning to someone who did not agree with your view?
2. Compare and contrast the Oath of Hippocrates with the AMA’s principles of medical ethics or the charter of professionalism, or the oath you took as incoming medical students or will be asked to take upon graduation.
The meeting will begin at 7pm, Wednesday, October 3, 2018 and end at noon on Saturday October 6, 2018 and will be held in Indianapolis, Indiana.
If you have questions please write [email protected] or call/text 520-270-0761. More information about the meeting will be available at www.aapsonline.org/2018am in early 2018.
Are you a physician who would like to support this project?
Visit aapsonline.org/scholarships to make a tax-deductible contribution.