AAPS physicians are kicking big government and government-controlled insurance companies out of their offices and are leading the Way Back to FREEDOM in Medicine. The result?
Both Doctors and Patients are happier!
Be sure to scroll down past the videos to see a list of more resources helpful to physicians looking to reduce or eliminate third-party interference in their practice.
Learn from these doctors taking back their profession:
Video from 5/20/2016 Thrive, Not Just Survive XXIV, Dallas
Video from 1/29/2016 Thrive, Not Just Survive XXIII, Orlando
Full Video from 6/5/2015 Thrive, Not Just Survive XXII, Raleigh
Full Video from 1/9/2015 Thrive, Not Just Survive XXI, New Orleans
The Psychology of Direct Pay Medicine – Robert Emmons, MD & Josh Umbehr, MD – September 2014
Full Video from 5/8/2014 Thrive, Not Just Survive XX, Minneapolis
Family Physician Michael Ciampi, MD transitions to Third-Party-Free FFS, 1/31/2014
Josh Umbehr, MD of Atlas.MD on Membership Model Direct Primary Care, 1/31/2014
Full Video From 8/10/2013 Thrive, Not Just Survive XIX, Minneapolis
Provisioning for the Opt Out Journey – Ophthalmologist David Richardson, MD, September 2013
Get Out and Stay Out: starting a cash-based, third-party-free practice, Juliette Madrigal Dersch, MD – Internal Medicine, Pediatrics
Opting Out of Medicare: a case study, Adam Harris, MD – Orthopedic Surgeon
Cash Based, Third-Party-Free Surgery, R. Anders Rosendahl, MD
Article About Dr. Rosendahl’s practice: http://www.physicianspractice.com/articles/he-does-it-his-way
Third Party Free Dermatology – Kathleen Brown, MD & Jack Brown; Surgery Center of Oklahoma – Keith Smith, MD, September 2012
No Insurance Surgery, Kevin Petersen, M.D. – http://www.noinsurancesurgery.com
Surgery Center of Oklahoma featured at Reason.com – Read Article
Medicare Payment Options, The Basics: Lawrence Huntoon, MD, PhD
Internist/Pediatrician Juliette Madrigal Dersch, MD and Anesthesiologist G. Keith Smith, MD
Dr. Keith Smith: Surgery Center of Oklahoma
Opting Out of Medicare / Reducing 3rd Party Payment: Hand Surgeon Paul Gorman, MD
Third Party Free Practice: George Watson, D.O. – Wichita, KS
Cash Based Practice: Family Practice Physician Howard Long, MD
Family Practice Physician Susan Wasson, MD goes insurance free
Concierge Model, Marcy Zwelling, MD
A Medicare/Managed Care-Free Out-Patient Surgery Center, G Keith Smith, M.D.
Texas Physician Opts Out of Medicare and Patients are Happier
Third Party Free Otolaryngologist Girard Gianoli, MD
Click Here for a list of physicians and practices that are completely third-party free.
For a list of cash friendly practices see: https://aaps.wufoo.com/reports/m5p6z0/. When the patient pays directly, the patient and doctor decide on the appropriate treatment NOT the government or big-insurance company.
Are you a physician with a cash friendly practice? Add your name to the list here: https://aaps.wufoo.com/forms/z7p0q5/
CLICK HERE to locate a list of physicians opted-out of Medicare in your state.
If you are eligible for Medicare you may be finding it difficult to get an appointment. Opted-out doctors are able to work for Medicare patients outside of the restrictions set by the government. Thus they can more promptly and thoroughly attend to your medical needs.
- Starting a DPC Practice: http://www.dpcfrontier.com/starting-a-practice/
- DPC Curriculum: https://atlas.md/dpc-curriculum/
- FAQ and “How-To’s” on Cash-Based Dermatology and Opting Out of Medicare – https://goo.gl/KL1MLJ (contains info useful for all specialties).
- Template Letter for Going Out-of-Network
- Compilation of Articles on Direct Pay Practice – From ushealthpolicygateway.com
- More presentations by Physicians Practicing Third-Party and/or Medicare Free
- Toolkit: Building a Healthy Independent Practice: http://www.scribd.com/doc/113427776
- New Clinic Manual by Robert M. Berry M.D.Open Word Document
- Clinical Laboratory Improvement Act (CLIA) Information
- Articles from Journal of American Physicians and Surgeons
- Opting Out of Medicare
- HIPAA FAQ / HIPAA “Country Doctor” Exemption
- List of Third-Party-Free Practices
- List of Cash Friendly Practices
- Article from ENT Today – The Opt-Outs: Otolaryngologists extol the benefits of third-party independence
- Assessing your practice overhead from third-party participation
- The Physicians Declaration of Independence – July 4, 2004, updated April 2009 – Written by Richard Amerling, M.D.