MEDICAL STUDENTS & RESIDENTS
Win $500 and an expense paid trip to AAPS 76th Annual Meeting!
To help us celebrate 76 years of advocating for the protection of the patient-physician relationship and the independent practice of medicine, the Association of American Physicians and Surgeons would like to invite you to participate in an essay contest. Objectively exploring challenging questions like these will help strengthen advocacy of policies that put patients first.
Up to 15 medical students and residents will receive an expense-paid trip (from their U.S. residence) to AAPS’ annual meeting in Redondo Beach, CA from September 18-21, 2019. You will have the opportunity to hear many presentations that will expose you to ideas likely absent from your curriculum.
The top essay author will also receive $500.00.
Submission due by July 4, 2019.
Place the future of medicine in good hands – your own.
1. Submit an essay of up to 750 words and provide your contact information at: AAPSonline.org/essaycontest
2. The application due date is July 4, 2019.
3. Scholarship recipients will be notified July 10, 2019 regarding acceptance and the essay contest winner will be announced at the meeting.
4. The contest is open to medical students and residents at schools and institutions located in the United States.
The meeting will begin with a welcome reception at 7pm, Wednesday, September 18, 2019 and end at noon on Saturday September 21, 2019 and will be held in Redondo Beach, CA.
Essay Question Topic Options:
There are two options for your application essay of up to 750 words:
1. Every society grapples with establishing the relative importance of key values. What is the best way to balance the requirements of individual autonomy (freedom), justice and equality? Define your terms and apply them to the provision of medical care.
2. All proposals for providing medical care will have strengths, weaknesses and trade-offs. Identify and address weaknesses and potential negative trade-offs which arise within a free market approach to the delivery of medical care.
Questions? Please write [email protected] or call/text 520-270-0761.
More information about the meeting will be available at www.aapsonline.org/2019am
Are you a physician who would like to support this project?
Visit aapsonline.org/scholarships to make a tax-deductible contribution.