By Tamzin Rosenwasser, M.D.
If Hillary Clinton’s partisans were doing an inventory of her purported vast accomplishments over the past 43 years, there are a number of items they might wish to leave out:
- Her failures, such as flunking the Washington D.C. bar exam after graduating from Yale Law School
- Her singular success turning a $1,000 investment into $100,000 dollars in 10 months, although Robert Bone, at AK Financial Services, who helped her to do so, was suspended for three years, and slapped with the largest fine in exchanges history
- The sordid outrage of her firing seven employees of the U.S. Travel Office, and trying to send an innocent man to prison to justify firing him—all to give the Travel Office to confederates from Arkansas
- The “completely innocent bureaucratic snafu” in which Craig Livingstone, hired by her as Director of the White House Office of Personnel Security, gained improper access to the secret FBI files of 900 people
- The demise of “Hillarycare,” after it was slapped down by Judge Royce Lamberth because illegal secrecy violated the Federal Advisory Committee Act
- Whitewater, the shady real estate deal, in which 5 people were jailed for fraud, but Bill and Hillary skated free;
- The sale of the Lincoln Bedroom, for an aggregate of $5.4 million
- The fact that she already has her two terms (Remember? “If you vote for my husband, you get me. It’s a two-for-one blue-plate special.”)
- The amazing circumstance that someone who was not only “dead broke, but in debt” in December, 2000, after 27 years of living off the taxpayers, is now worth more than $100 million dollars (of course, they would not have been in debt except for Bill’s sexual harassment of women.)
Even if we leave all this out, let’s ponder the warning chiseled in stone on the U.S. Archives building: What Is Past Is Prologue.
The FBI investigated Hillary after it came to light during the Benghazi hearings that she kept official State Department government records on a private email server, in direct violation of the Federal Records Act, and destroyed 33,000 emails, claiming they were personal. The Department of Justice refused to prosecute her, although they have prosecuted and imprisoned thousands for far less. The FBI Director detailed her lies, e.g. that the attack on our Ambassador was due to an internet video, which she put out for public disinformation.
Hillary denied our Ambassador to Libya the security measures for which he repeatedly pleaded. Left hanging is the question of what the Ambassador was actually doing in Benghazi. He may have been running guns from Libya to Syria. And then four Americans were murdered in Libya on September 11th, 2012—but what difference does that make to Hillary?
Clinton Foundation staff contacted Clinton’s Chief of Staff and Deputy Chief of Staff, Cheryl Mills and Huma Abedin, on behalf of Clinton Foundation donors, including Gilbert Chagoury, a Nigerian-Lebanese billionaire and major “benefactor” of the Clinton Foundation, who previously was fined $66 million for money laundering. People are known by the company they keep. So, there’s “no evidence” of anything wrong here? Res Ipsa Loquitur. In case you missed it in law school, Hillary, that means “The thing speaks for itself.”
Hillary and Bill have raked in tens of millions of dollars from around the world, including such dicey places as Saudi Arabia, where a husband may murder his wife at will; where police forced schoolgirls back into a burning school to die because they were not enveloped in their black tent-like garb; where people who drink a beer or are homosexual may be flogged or killed. Yet she poses as the protector of women and children. What did Saudi Arabia get for those millions of dollars? We know it was not just a speech—that is a cover as enveloping as a burka. Once Hillary became Secretary of State, Bill’s fee for his speeches jumped from less than $200,000 to $750,000. The implication should be obvious to a four-year-old.
Hillary’s speeches snared $21 million from big banks and corporations. She is in that vaunted “1%” but she says she’s not seen that way, “…because we pay ordinary income tax, unlike a lot of people who are truly well off, not to name names, and we’ve done it through dint of hard work.” Really? How hard is it to make a speech for $200,000, let alone $750,000? Many people don’t make $750,000 in 25 years, and they do much more, much heavier work than Hillary or Bill has ever done. Of course, Hillary wants to put some of those people out of work.
Meanwhile, major media spend hours riveted on a man climbing a building. The media are willfully distracted by trivia. If there’s a llama on the loose someplace, they’ll cover it. We remember the breathless disclosures during the Watergate years but now Hillary can shred the law with impunity, and the media turn a blind eye.
If a physician committed one of Hillary’s crimes, she would be destroyed. And Hillary’s announced policy amounts to a promise to complete the destruction of private medicine that she attempted in 1993.
At this point, what difference does that make?